Tuesday, January 12, 2010

700 days

Like I said.. I stole this idea from Rachelle...(thank you) And this is my list of things I want to do before Dave and I are done with the marine corps...

1. Go the rest of the two years without soda. Already started but it's a good goal.
2. Read 50 books that I haven't already read (Harry Potter, Twilight) [1/50]
3. Volunteer on base with a child who's mother or father is deployed.
4. Donate to a local animal shelter at least 3 times a year.
5. Keep my house clean everyday for a month.
6. Go to bed at decent hours even when Dave isn't home. I have a nasty habit of staying up til 1 or later on weekdays and I always wake up later and later the next day.
7. Be happier! I know it'll be hard until November 2010 but I need to stay happy and focused on being happier.
8. Step out of my comfort zone and MEET people. I have a habit of clamming up around new groups... and they think I'm shy or a brat. I am not either of those.
9. Take 15 minutes out of my day to just be WITH my husband. Back massages or just snuggles. He earns it every single day and I don't do it enough.
10. Go a week without the computer and texting. If I need to get ahold of someone I should call or go see them. People need to act more human with each other and not depend on technology.
11. Get a 8 to 5 job so I can spend more time with the Hubby.
12. Let the little things slide off my back for a month strait.
13. Wash my face daily.
14. Get glasses.
15. Buy my couch a slip cover.
16. Loose 15 lbs
17. Buy and or make furniture for our future homes to come.
18. Eat more veggies. Okay I hate veggies... seriously HATE. I want to be able to add them to my dinners with Dave and I. He always loves when there is broccoli involved in a dish.
19. Eat a fruit a day. I am awful. I would eat a bag of potato chips to myself than eat an apple. I need to make a way to snack on things good for me instead of stuff that's bad for me.
20. Go a MONTH without sugar. Everything has sugar... but I am meaning sweets. No chocolate, candy, ice cream, etc. With the exception of mints.
21. Work out 3 times a week for a month. If you are wondering why everything is lasting a month.. someone once told me to make it a habit you need to do it a month long. So I say a month but hopefully it'll become habit and I will start doing it normally.
22. Pick up a hobby... knitting, sewing, something I can keep my hands busy with.
23. Get a professional massage.
24. Visit two new states that I haven't been to already. (most likely Oklahoma and one other state. We will see)
25. Tell myself I am beautiful every morning.
26. Say one thing I love about my husband daily. Even if it's just I love when he takes the garbage out when I don't even say anything.
27. Try Yoga
28. Take some sort of a class.
29. Go shooting, hiking, or for a drive with my Hubby more often.
30. Make an effort to get to know my neighbors.


I am running out of thoughts considering it's almost 1 o clock... see what I mean about staying up late.... I will post more soon!
TTFN

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a GREAT list :) Let me know if I can help you at anytime. It's kind of like a Earl list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! LOVE it! I didn't even know you had read my list...but this has motivated me to get back to it and start accomplishing goals again:)
    I am working on the soda thing too, for like the hundreth time...maybe I'll or text you when I feel like a Dr. Pepper and we can motivated each other.
    I would love to talk about books with you, or teach you how to knit, or take a class with you...we will stay busy while Dave is gone!
    #3 and #4 are awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try some of these! :) Great list.

    ReplyDelete