Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 12 - Whatever tickles your fancy

Where were you? Nine years ago today I was in 7th grade...I did not realize the magnitude of what was happening... It was the news what 7th grader likes to watch the news with their parents... I went to school and we pretty much watched the news all day not much school work going on that day. I didn't really understand even then. My english teacher was down right sobbing. Her husband was there only a week before visiting his friends... they died that day. I was sorry for her, I was sorry for the people that were killed that day, I regrettably was not very interested in the news report. I make myself sick because yes I was sad but I didn't really know how big of a deal that was. 9 years later I have a husband serving in Afghanistan over the war that started over the 9/11 attacks. Its amazing to me how patriotic I am now and how my heart hurts so much for the lives lost those 9 years ago and the hundreds of men and women who went to fight after the attacks. My husband is a part of the history that is being made. What I am saying is you need to REMEMBER! Remember that there are STILL men and women there STILL fighting for our freedom. STILL dieing for our FREEDOM. I truly believe this is The land of the free BECAUSE of the brave. Thank you to my husband and to ALL the service members willing to fight for our rights.

Don't ever forget.

1 comment: