Thursday, September 23, 2010
Day 24 - Whatever tickles your fancy
Well I want to start out with my Dave has a way of saying all the right things at the right time. Not that he knew it was a right or wrong time he just got to use the phone finally. I was feeling defeated this week... I made a list of things I have to do and get done and I was feeling overwhelmed. I had to get Dave's surprise done still which I thought was going to be 500 bucks, new tires on my new car come out to be about 100 bucks each, my old car still had a lot of work to go into it and I didn't know what was even wrong with it, and I felt like I was not doing a good job at anything I was trying to accomplish... I think that started after we decided to get a new car for me now instead of waiting I was loving the amount of cash in our Savings and it made me proud of the savings I was able to do... with that being said I was told to pay cash for the car up front so we don't have a payment. There goes our savings... well not all but a lot of it. After that I had to get an apartment, since I don't live in california we had to fly, drive a rental, and pay for a hotel room. The apartment I knew would be expensive so I didn't get to put any more away in savings, and then I needed to come home get all these things done and taken care of before I move in a week!!! Needless to say I had a melt down and I just cried cause I felt I wasn't doing a good job that I wasn't being the best wife I could be to a deployed marine, that I was not capable of doing things on my own. With a lil pep talk from mom I was able to get some things accomplished that were the biggest things on my list. Now all I have left is to Pack, new tires, and call and set up internet and cable for my new apartment. I was feeling...better not the best but better. When Dave finally called I was so excited to tell him about what has been going on and about the apartment and all these things that he was soooo so proud of me. It made my whole month worth it in just that short 25 minute phone call. He told me "I would put in a suggestion or something for you to do next but it seems like you already got it down babe, you are the best wife EVER and keep kicking ass back home baby!" Those words alone made me want to squeeze him cause it was JUST what I needed to hear to feel better. I am glad I got support from all sides. While I worked on getting tires my mom called about where to buy an amp, while I put in an amp and sub in dave's vehicle, my grandpa looked around at tires, when my old car wouldn't go back to normal my father in law was nice enough to take a look at it and find out what was wrong. And when I felt like I couldn't do it anymore my mom was there to boost me up until my Dave could call and do it as well. I am very very blessed and I couldn't ask for a better family, in-laws included. Things are looking up and only a week I will be moving!! Look out California!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment